ENSEMBLE LEPORELLO, SPRING 2015
Bingo! The vocal-act “Lyrical Minutes in the City” (co-production Ensemble Leporello - Bunker) was selected by the German festival ‘Kleines Fest’ for the ‘Best of Kleines Fest’ and will be presented among the most wonderful creations of the Kleines Fest-happenings of the last 3 years. On August 28 en 29, in the courtyard of the Schloss Marienburg.
Rehearsals of “Waiting for Godot” by Samuel Beckett in De Kroon, Brussels. With Gordon Wilson, Geert Vermeulen, Karel Creemers, Jonas Van Thielen. Translation and direction: Dirk Opstaele.
Lust for premieres (6 premieres in 4 months):
1. “Fentum Cells”, April 11 and 12 april, City of Wings, Ypres 2015.
Co-production The Fentum Factor - Ensemble Leporello - Walpurgis. Vocal Pop ups, musical sketches about philosophers, to be performed in public spaces… Choreography and libretti: Dirk Opstaele. Music: Béèl, Reich, Van Veen e.a...
2. “Disguised and uncut”, April 29 (20:00), De Warande, Turnhout.
The new show of Mieke Laureys and Annelore Stubbe, based on two historical characters from the 18th century: undercover women, trying to be themselves by being someone else. Coaching: Jan Bijvoet, Charlotte Vanden Eynde.
3. “De Horror Class”, May 18 (18:00), De Vaartkapoen, Brussels.
Collaboration Ensemble Leporello and Brede School Molenbeek. Re-enactment of Tadeusz Kantors’ “Death Class” by 9-year olds. Direction and screenplay: Dirk Opstaele. With the children of the 3th grade of the Paloke school.
4. “Miss Wifi & Kubrev”, May 31 (14:00u), De Zeyp (Famiglia Hall), Brussel.
Co-production Ensemble Leporello - Cie des Mutants (4+). Two scientists messing with water, earth, wind and fire, while planning a trip to the moon. With Machteld Timmermans and Danny Timmermans. Text and direction: Dirk Opstaele, in collaboration with Cie des Mutants.
5. “Cyberchute”, June 2 (20:00), Le Palace, La Louvière.
Co-production Ensemble Leporello - Cie des Mutants (9 +). French version of “Cyberfall”, a drama in 4 acts by Dirk Opstaele. In each act, one of the protagonists wakes up and remembers the former act as a dream. And each act plays in another social class...
6. “There She Blows”, Menin, Juli 11 and 12. Co-curatorship of Ensemble Leporello for SALTO, the city festival of Menin (inspired by Melville’s “Moby Dick”). Parades, land-art, performance, dance and song in and around a stranded whale.